Saturday, July 4, 2015

Book Review: Rules of Summer by Joanna Philbin

 



Hey guys!
Today's review is about Rules of Summer by Joanna Philbin.

It's about a girl named Rory who has a job as a summer errand girl at the house of the Rules, a wealthy family in East Hampton. She thinks her summer is going to be full of sun, beach and fun. But the job is actually harder than expected - not at last blamed on the Rules' spoiled daughter Isabel, who doesn't go easy on Rory, and her brother Conner whose clearly attracted to her but also forbidden.
And then long-hidden family secrets surface...

This is a contemporary novel I really enjoyed, it didn't blew my mind or anything but it was definitely entertaining and a book you have no desire in putting down. It's not some cliché romance story because it also represents topics like the class system of rich and poor. When Rory starts becoming friends with Isabel you notice how Isabel is first still stuck in what her parents, especially her mother, thinks about "poorer people" but after some time she realizes that it doesn't matter from which social class you come from as long as you have fun and therefore like that person.
Though the book contains romance and love and heartbreak, for me the main and most important plot was the friendship between Rory and Isabel.

So, if you're looking for a summery, easy read maybe for vacation you found it in this book!
Thanks for reading!

Before I forget it again: I have a Goodreads account now! You can find all my book-ratings and TBR-pile there so go check it out! I would love to have you as a friend :-)

Sorry for the short reviews lately but school is extremely stressfull at the moment but I didn't want to skip my weekly post as well. I will have more time for blogging and reading when the important exams are over. Once again thank you so much for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment