Monday, July 27, 2015

Book Review: Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Day #7)

Spoilers from White Hot Kiss ++ Spoilers from White Hot Kiss ++ Spoilers from White Hot Kiss



Hey Book Nerds! Today I'm going to be reviewing Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It is the second book in The Dark Elements series

White Hot Kiss practically ended with Roth being sent to the Fiery Pits (that's what it's been called, right? I'm not too sure tbh...), but he's coming back with news that a Lilin has been born. And soon people die under mysterious circumstances. 
Throughout the book Layla has to find out what's really behind that and also what secrets her Warden clan - her "family" - keeps from her.

This was actually a great sequel but one thing really pissed me off: Roth ends things with Layla. I mean they weren't even really in a relationship but now he comes back and is like "you eased my boredom" and "I'm a demon, demons don't care for anyone but themselves" and stuff. Like what?!
The only good thing that comes out of this is that we get to know Zayne better because he and Layla kind of start dating then. After the first book I was definitely Team Roth, in between the second book I leaned a little more to Team Zayne, but in the end I was Team Roth again because I just can't change it, you know. The guy that makes it in the first book of any series is usually the one I stay with throughout the rest of the series. No exception here. 
But I still like Zayne as a friend for Layla because originally there were supposed to be brother and sister - adopted, but still.
Who we also get to know better is Abbot, the clan leader. I think he is actually a really interesting character, not very likable but sure interesting. Since Roth's appearance (in White Hot Kiss) Layla slowly started to question the intentions behind him adopting her. After all she's part demon and Wardens hate demons, they make that veeery clear. So obviously there must be some use in her, why else would he let her stay with them, pay stuff for her and so on? Layla isn't even sure if she can still trust Zayne. Although he's the closest thing she has to a family he's still part of the clan and they expect loyalty. 
The book is great, guys. Just read it and enjoy it. If you haven't read it yet you're also lucky that you don't have to deal with the cliffhanger at the end for long because the third and, I believe, final book comes out tomorrow (can't wait!)
Also, can we talk about the plot twist for a moment? (okay, I'm obviously doing the talking/writing but whatever :-D)
I did not see that coming AT ALL. It might have been obvious throughout the whole book, at least the direction but I was completely ignorant. I had no idea and was shocked when I read the end. 

Okay, I'm finished then;-)
Thanks for reading! Pick up Stone Cold Touch!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment