Sunday, July 26, 2015

Book Review: White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Day #6)




Hi everyone! Day 6 of my Jennifer L. Armentrout Week is already here and with it the review of White Hot Kiss, the first book in The Dark Elements series. I already wrote a bit about it in my Announcement Post.

The story is about Layla, a high school student who lives in a world where demons and gargoyles (also called Wardens) exist. She herself is half demon and half Warden and was adopted by a Warden family years ago. Actually she just wants to be normal - fit in at school, going on dates and stuff but the problem is because of her being half demon she`s able to suck out souls - a kiss enough. So she can't get too close to a boy. 
But fortunately Roth, a super hot demon, comes along! Since demons don't have souls (which kinda makes sense since they're the ones who suck them out), of course something happens between them. So far so good but another problem is that Wardens and demons are enemies. Basically Wardens only exist to fight the demons on earth. And if that wasn't enough already there's also a demon uprising because of Layla. Now she has to find out what's behind all that...

First of all; NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER! I know this might seem like a cheesy romance story but it is not. Of course there's romance but this book is so much more. There's the mystery and Layla deciding whom she can trust, what's right and what's wrong and she just learns a lot about herself. 
As I already wrote in another post this was the first book by Jennifer I read. Like I said I wasn't too sure about it at first but decided to pick it up anyways. 
Then I read it.
Then I was blown away.
This book is so unique and awesome, which, to be honest, I really did not expect. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did but after a few pages I already knew, this was going to be one of my favorites. It's actually one of the few books I re-read parts from. One thing about me: I usually don't re-read whole books because normally I always have at least one book on my shelf I haven't read yet, so you know "so many books, so little time" ;-). But sometimes, if a book really got stuck in my mind, I read the parts I liked most again. reading habits...
Anyway I love the book and can only recommend it. To find so much fun and such an epic story in one book is rare but this one made it.

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for tomorrow, when the last review will be posted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment